Monday 5 December 2011

Old and forgetten.

Today i had gone out for a jog in my locality.As always music was blaring in my ears and i was only concentrated on not bursting a vein(running is not a strong point) when i saw an old man sitting alone on a bench near a corner.This would be nothing unusual(i know you're thinking that) if he hadn't been signalling toward me.I stopped shocked, did i know him?..i racked my brains.He asked me my name,where i worked ,how i liked it there,if i ran often,general stuff.This made me realise how lonely he must be just sitting alone there in a corner staring into nothingness that his life has become.I felt my heart rate decelerating my legs declaring they won't run again if i don't start now,but i stopped.i asked him where he lived ,if he had a wife or any children(wife passed away...kids have abandoned him).I asked why he didn't have a book or a mp3 player to pass time and he said "I was hoping for some company",and at that moment i was glad i betrayed my legs and my heart and stopped.There are many like him out there sitting alone in a corner.Take some time out and say HI.I did and I'm happy i did....:)
Till we meet next
TaTa

No comments:

Post a Comment